New Year, New Trends
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!
THIS WEEK’S FEATURE WILL BE ADDRESSED SPECIFICALLY TO ALL BRIDES – CURRENT & NEWLY ENGAGED! WE HOPE YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL & THAT YOU CONTINUE TO VISIT OUR BLOG REGULARLY.
WEDDING PLANNING CAN BE OVERWHELMING PHYSICALLY & MOST CERTAINLY – EMOTIONALLY. MANY QUESTIONS MIGHT COME TO MIND, ESPECIALLY IF THE WEDDING DATE & VENUE SPACE(S) HAVE BEEN FINALIZED & DETERMINED. SOME QUESTIONS MIGHT BE:
- WEDDING DRESS – WHERE TO BUY? SCHEDULE FITTINGS?
- BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES, ACCESSORIES (SHOES, HAIR, ETC.) – STYLE, COLOR – WHERE TO BUY? SCHEDULE FITTINGS?
- GROOMS TUXEDO – WHERE TO BUY? SCHEDULE FITTINGS?
- GROOMSMEN ATTIRE – STYLE, COLOR, - WHERE TO RENT?
- DO I WANT A THEME, WHICH COULD DETERMINE COLOR CHOICE(S)?
- DO I WANT TO BE TRENDY, MODERN, CHABBY CHIC, TIMELESS, TRADITIONAL, ROMANTIC, WHIMISCAL, FAIRY TALE – the choices are endless
- DO I WANT FLOWERS FOR BOTH MY CEREMONY & RECEPTION? SHOULD I USE FRESH OR SILK?
- CATERED DINNER, BUFFET STYLE OR PLATED & SERVED?
- 2-WEDDING CAKES, CUPCAKES, CANDY BUFFET, ETC.?
- WHERE SHOULD I REGISTER FOR GIFTS?
- BEVERAGES OFFERED – ALCOHOL / NON ALCOHOL? – OPEN BAR / CASH BAR / BARTENDERS – WHAT COMPANY?
- TAXI SERVICE OFFERED? WHO/WHAT COMPANY?
- REHEARSAL DINNER – TYPE OF FOOD? WHERE? AFTER PARTY?
- BRIDAL / BATCHELOR PARTIES – COED, SEPARATE, WHERE?
- DAY OF PREPARATION (BRIDE/BRIDESMAIDS) HAIR, MAKEUP, PHOTOS, ETC.
- DAY OF PREPARATION (GROOM/GROOMSMEN) HAIR, RINGS, ETC.
- DAY OF TRANSPORTATION – LIMO, RENTAL CARS, HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGE? HOW LONG / WHAT COMPANY?
- DJ, OWN MUSIC USING PLAY LISTS/RENTAL EQUIPMENT, LIGHTING, PHOTO BOOTH – WHERE/WHAT COMPANIES TO USE?
- EMCEE – ENTIRE EVENING/WHO/WHAT COMPANY?
- SPECIAL DANCES – FATHER/DAUGHTER (BRIDE) = MOTHER/SON (GROOM)
- CAKE CUTTING – DISTRIBUTION
- BOUQUET TOSS
- GARTER BELT TOSS
- DRESS / BOUQUET PRESERVATION – COMPANY/WHO
- RENTAL RETURNS – TUXEDOS, RENTAL EQUIPMENT, ETC.
- CLEAN UP @ CEREMONY & RECEPTION SITES
- OPEN WEDDING GIFTS?
- PACK/LEAVE FOR HONEYMOON
- RETURN FROM HONEYMOON / RETURN GIFTS IF NEEDED / SEND OUT THANK CARDS
- ALL OTHER ITEMS NOT LISTED ABOVE
Feeling overwhelmed yet? Here are some pointers:
ACCORDING TO PANTONE – THE 2015 COLOR OF THE YEAR IS CALLED MARSALA…WHICH IS SIMPLY DESCRIBED AS ‘A BROWN/BURGUNDY COLOR. It is recommended to be paired with NAVY BLUE – which is a pretty different color combination we do not normally see. We like the 2nd recommendation, which is to use MARSALA with a sandstone color, which lends to a more earth/jewel tone palate.
Ending trends we have found are:
- Rustic barn look
- Chevron print
Having flowers as part of the your wedding ceremony & reception, is something we highly recommend. This adds a very special touch of detail and can also be your main use of color, throughout both the ceremony & reception.
When comparing prices - there is not a huge difference, between fresh flowers & silks. However the main difference being, fresh flowers are not easily accessible throughout the year – especially if you live in the Midwest. Fresh flowers to require the need to be cut down, prepped & stored in a safe temperature, with plenty of water – until such time that they will be arranged. Silk flowers are obviously, quite the opposite.
When making centerpieces for several guest tables, the use of silk flowers might be a better option. We encourage you to be on the lookout for the sales ads at retail stores such as Hobby Lobby, Joann’s Fabrics, etc. And don’t forget to use your mobile coupon when you are at the cash register!
If you need a florist, we highly recommend Alissa’s Flowers – located in Independence, MO. Call and ask for Michele, and tell her The Party Patch referred you. Alissa’s Flowers & Interiors is a family owned & operated company, that has been serving the Independence area since 1974. Call them today & schedule an appointment to visit their store.
As mentioned before, we know that planning your special day – can be stressful. We encourage you to not be discouraged about the little things…but to have fun throughout the planning process. Stay calm, keep your mind open to thoughts & ideas – with the ultimate goal in mind that you will make the final decision – and call The Party Patch today, to schedule an appointment to visit our showroom.
Until next time – LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!